Alpine Adventure at Aiglon
Aiglon Summer School
It’s the Big Kahuna for kids and teens—a place at the Aiglon Summer School!
Begun years ago as an experiment, today the Summer School attracts attendees from around the world for two weeks of language learning, sporting activities, and frolicking through the Alps. Some older participants even get to spend an evening at the Montreux Jazz Festival.
In addition to language instruction (French for Anglophone students), activities include:
Alpine adventures, including hiking, rock climbing, and orienteering.
Water-based activities, including white-water rafting, stand-up paddle boarding, banana boating on Lake Geneva (where was that when we were in school?), sailing, windsurfing, and swimming.
Campus and local area activities: team games, cookery, yoga, ice-skating, and... bowling!
Such creative activities as drama, photography, and art.
An EXPEDITION! From the Summer School brochure: “Students will experience the thrill of summiting a small peak while mastering the essential skills of orienteering and campcraft. They may have the opportunity to swim in natural lakes, experience team-building activities and to relax around the campfire. For many, this camping expedition is both a challenge and the most memorable experience of the Summer School and the magnificent Swiss Alps.” (Many of us know just how memorable those expeditions can be...)
Indoor activities include indoor climbing on the 30m climbing wall (fully supervised sessions for beginners to experienced climbers), volleyball, basketball, football (soccer), indoor hockey, soft tennis, table tennis, gymnastics, and badminton.
• Aiglon is offering a two-week programme for children 8–17.
• The winning bidder can claim a spot in the 2019 (subject to availability) or 2020 Summer Schools.
• It can be transferred to someone else.
• All offered activities/courses described in the programme at https://www.aiglon.ch/holiday-programmes/summer-school are included (except for the SAT preparation course).
• Airport transfer from Geneva airport is included between 08h00 – 17h00.
• Airfare and pocket money are not included.
To view the Aiglon Summer School prospectus, click HERE.
*A minimum bid will be posted on Bidding for Good when the auction goes live.